Wednesday, September 2, 2009

Away on the Weekend

I was away at the weekend, so I didn't really post anything. These are from Friday mostly, a bit from yesterday.... just some things I have been working on.

This is a tote bag that I made out of a really crazy 80's cotton sweatshirt deal. With my new serger it was so quick and easy!

I decided to try my hand at these quilted notecards which I saw on MADE. I will have to try again I think since it is not my favourite.... I guess it is a start though!


I bought these coasters at a garage sale a while back for 10 cents (6 of them). Well they are silver plated but pretty well tarnished. I finally had a chance on Friday to get around to polishing them up. Baking Soda, Salt and Tin Foil will do wonders! I know the photo doesn't show quite how tarnished they were but oh well.




 My lovely new plants! Last week I had asked one of the ladies here in my building if I could have a cutting from her Ivy plant. Well not only did I receive a cutting from the Ivy but I also got Spider Plant cuttings, a Tea Rose and an African Violet.

No comments: