Thursday, May 13, 2010

Easy (Really Easy) Asparagus and Smoked Salmon Wrap

 Hello Everyone!
So today was a VERY busy day for me. As some of you know, I will be returning to work soon, so it is crunch time. I am caught up in finishing projects, packing, blogging, cooking and life in general. Happily I managed to finish more than 50% of my to do list for the day. Pretty good considering....
For lunch today I needed something easy to fill out our meal (Kebabs and Baked Potatos left over from BBQ-ing yesterday). I haven't made these lovely Asparagus wraps in such a long time (they are amazing) and I thought I might share it with you!

You will need:
Asparagus
Tortillas (any flavour you like)
Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese

I used sundried tomato tortillas, but you can use whatever type you like.

You will need Smoked Salmon Cream Cheese. This can be found at your local grocery store or made with regular cream cheese and bits of actual smoked salmon. I used the store bought.

You will need quite a bit of the cream cheese as you can see!

Spread it evenly onto the tortilla.

Like this!

Start some water to boil. Make sure that you prepare the asparagus properly by breaking off the bottoms. These tend to be stringy and could ruin your meal.

Once the water has come to a boil, drop in the asparagus and cook for 6 minutes.

Strain and then rinse with cold water. Make sure to pat out the excess moisture.

Lay out the asparagus evenly, three to four pieces per wrap depending on the size of asparagus.

Fold and Roll!

Now get ready to slice them all up.

Make sure to trim off the ends as they are usually a little uneven. You can throw them away or (as I prefer) have a little snack before the main meal!

The finished product all cut up and ready to serve.

Lunch Time!
These wraps make a really nice compliment to the meal at lunch or a great appetizer for supper. Of course you can modify this concoction as you like. Let me in on any new varieties you whip up!
And now some comic relief:

Aren loves to think he is sooo funny. He even made me delete the better picture I took of him smiling! Oh well, he really did enjoy his Kebabs. :)
In other news, I am including a few photos of the massive amount of cooking I did today. As with the last time that I went to camp, Aren will be at home and I am cooking him meals to keep him healthy.
So far he has bread, hamburgers, potato leek soup, 2 lasagnas, 5 beef pot pies, chili, chicken wings, drumsticks, chicken breast, loads of steaks (I'm sure you've noticed with all the meat on the list that I took a trip to the butcher's), and perogies.

Homemade Chili Con Carne with peppers from Aren's parents' garden. Spicy!

Lasagna and Beef Pot Pie. Yummy!!
Until next time!!

1 comment:

Tracy Krauss said...

What a hilarious pic of Aren! And he let you post it?!? You know I love my son in law!