Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Toque Made From a Turtleneck

Well, it is getting pretty late here, but I don't want to ruin my "posting streak" lol. This is a short little post but I hope you will enjoy this simple project nonetheless.
I refashioned a turtleneck a while back and had the neck part left over (I still have to post the resulting cardigan but don't have any photos taken yet) . I don't know what possessed me to do this, but I made a little mini toque out of it! Either for a small child or baby, or a teddy..
Since there are no children in my house I used a teddy as a model.
Basically, the rolled edge is what used to be the top of the turtleneck. I trimmed the bottom seam away from the neck and gathered the edge all together. I sewed it together by hand and think the results are pretty cute! Tell me what you think!

What a cute model!!

Top view of teddies head.

3 comments:

Pris said...

Love it... especially the teddy! You should have used Aren's teddy though!

Unknown said...

It was sleeping....

Tracy Krauss said...

It reminds me of Paddington!