Sunday, August 15, 2010

A Cute Blouse Refashion

Today I present to you another refashion! I actually refashioned this blouse quite some time ago but had never taken any photos. The original blouse was an XL (I am S) so there was quite a bit of fabric left over after this was fixed up. You may or may not remember a Barbie dress that I made HERE from the matching capri pants.
Basically I took the blouse in on the sides and at all of the darts (front and back) as well as at the centre back seam. I did some pintucking on either side of the button placket which served to take in the shirt as well as add some decoration. Lastly I made a cute fabric flower brooch and attached it to the left hand side. Because of the pattern you can barely see the flower when you look at the blouse straight on so I took a few closeups to allow you to see the details. This outfit has a very secretary-chic look to it, don't you think?


The skirt is by Numph, my shoes are Ecco and the jewellery was purchased while on holiday in Thailand.


Here you can see the flower and pintucking more clearly.


Hope you have enjoyed this little refashion!

2 comments:

Gabriele von Conga-Baeren said...

Schöne Bluse. Die Blume macht sich echt gut. Leider erkennt man sie von weitem nicht so gut durch den gleichen Stoff. Vielleicht hättest du die Blume in einer Farbe, die in dem Muster vorhanden ist, zusammen mit dem Blümchenmuster machen sollen. Hätte bestimmt auch gut ausgesehen.

Schönen Sonntag noch.

Gruß Gabriele
...

Unknown said...

Tolle Idee!