Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Garden Adventures North of 60

Aren and I took two days and went up to visit his family in the Yukon. The photos below do not do any type of justice to the magnitude and quality of garden that they have. I will try to do another post with close up photos of some of the vegetables and flowers. For now:


Here you can see part of the garden with the raised beds and behind that the cauliflower, broccoli, tomatoes, beans and plethora of other plants. The garden is huge!

Aren and I made this small willow chair quite a few years ago. It is slowly being reclaimed by the elements but is a cute rustic addition to the garden. Here you can see some of the many gorgeous flowers that are growing.


These are the flowers I rescued which had been blown over by the wind. The stems had been broken so there was no hope for these to revive themselves.




Fresh strawberries! My sister-in-law and I went out back and picked two ice cream pails full of strawberries in little more than 1/2 an hour. Delicious!

4 comments:

Tracy Krauss said...

Beautiful! They really do grow one of the most spectacular 'wilderness' gardens and should be featured in some kind of magazine! (Tell Rhonda to get on that!)

Violetta said...

Hi there! I just wanted to let you know I awarded you with the "I heart your blog" award! congratulations!

www.violetelephant.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

Thank you so much Violetta!

Pris said...

Did I mention that I love the buttons??