You may or may not have noticed that I have been absent from the world of blogging for well over a year. As you can imagine an awful lot has happened in that time.
Some people have asked me why I stopped blogging and while I won't bore you with too much rhetoric on the subject I will say that "it" had all become too much.
I found myself trying to post every single day and playing a game of keeping up with the Jones' of the blogging world. Too much pressure and too much stress; not why I started this blog.
I am back now with a fresh perspective and perhaps some fresh ideas to share with you.
Before we get to anything new though I will give you a brief overview of what has happened since I last posted. (I will probably post in depth on some of these things in the near future).
- Aren and I bought a house.
- We moved to British Columbia.
- Work got crazy busy as we won 2 new contracts.
- I started painting seriously - not just as a hobby.
- I sold my first painting!
- This year was very productive in the creative sense, I sewed clothing, gifts, made woven rugs and much more!
- Participated in my first craft fair as an exhibitor
- Took a trip to Toronto with Aren
- Launched my Fine Art website www.lydiahibbing.com
- I finished my second Quilt
- I exhibited artwork in my first Juried Art Show
Plus tons of other stuff. I will post about all of this and more in the upcoming weeks. Not all at once of course! Thanks for stopping by and not giving up on me even though I was gone for such a long time.